RENOVATE LANARK APPLICATIONS NOW BEING ACCEPTED
Renovate Lanark offers Financial assistance, in the form of a forgivable loan (maximum $10,000) or accessibility grant (maximum $5,000) to allow low income homeowners to conduct mandatory home repairs permitting continued safe occupancy of their home.
- Homeowners with a household income below
- House must be sole residence valued at less than
$305,372 with a maximum asset value of $200,000
- Mortgage, Property Tax & insurance must be up to
Examples of Potential Projects
Roofing, insulation, furnace repair/replacement, doors and windows, foundation repairs, accessible ramps, septic repairs
How and When to Apply?
Applications for Renovate Lanark are available on March 19th, 2020. Completed applications and supporting documentation must be submitted between TuesdayMay 19th, 2020 and Friday June 5th, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
What If I have Questions?
If you would like more information or to have your application reviewed prior to submission, please call to book a phone appointment with a Housing Services Caseworker at 613-812-3252 or 613-267-4200 or
1-888-952-6275 ext. 2402 or 2404.
What Information Must I Provide to Determine My Eligibility?
- Notices of Assessment for every adult in the household
- Copy of MPAC Statement
- Photo Identification for every member of the household
- Verification that property taxes are up to date
- Verification that house insurance is up to date
- 3 quotes for the project (quotes must be from companies that have a business or HST number)
- If the project is accessibility related, documentation from a health care professional stating the need for the modifications must be included with the application
Where to Apply?
Lanark County Housing Services
52 Abbott Street North, Unit 4
Smiths Falls, ON, K7A 1W3
(Mail or Drop off)
Lanark County Administration Building
99 Christie Lake Road,
Perth, ON, K7H 3C6
(Drop off only)
Lanark County Social Services
33 Lansdowne Street, Unit 43C
Carleton Place, ON
(Drop off only)
*** NOTICE OF CHANGES TO PROGRAM ***
To provide an equal opportunity for all applicants to participate in the program, the application process has changed:
- Applications will be accepted from Tuesday, May 19, 2020 until 4:00 pm on Friday June 5, 2020.
any of the locations listed above.
- All applications will be reviewed for completeness and then entered a lottery.
- Applications will be drawn from the lottery pool until all funds have been allocated
- The remaining complete applications in the lottery pool will be placed on the waitlist in the order that they are drawn.
NOTE: TO BE DEEMED ELIGIBLE, ALL SECTIONS OF THE APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH THE APPLICATION.